Thursday, April 14, 2011

Week 7 of 23 Things: Online Video and Audio (Thing 17)

My first thought about the podcasts is that there is an abundance of information available on the internet. An information overload of sorts. I kinda compare to living in Kentucky. (Stay with me) It's easy to get complacent living in a place like Louisville (or anywhere for the sake of the arguement)and get used to the same old people, places, culture, etc. There's not a lot of diversity here and it's easy to get caught up in routine. Similarly on the internet, without exposure, it's easy to get caught up in the routine of visiting the same websites. That being said, looking at all of the podcast sites helps to get me out of said routine. Even having the ability to listen to the podcasts on MP3, my only concern is having the time to listen to all of the stuff that interests

I found the Louisville Sports Live podcast to be a good one. I'm always trying to to stay up on my U of L sports news and these guys seem to be a good outlet. For the national sports scene, I perused the ESPN podcast center. I'm all about PTI with Wilbone and Kornheiser and Scott Van Pelt and sometimes Mike and Mike. And since, I don't get a chance to catch PTI and Around the Horn the way I used to, I probably will make time to listen to those podcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment